...OR CHICKEN, OR SHRIMP, OR STEAK, OR pterodactyl?... ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE SAUCE!
SO JUICY SWEEEEEEET
"All recipes tasted and or created on the part of the food lover, must thenceforth be shared with those she/he loves, as love is equal to sharing, to maintain the holding of said given title, ensuring it does not suffer stagnation. Failure to do so, will result in immediate termination."
...or something like that...?
Basically translated, because I love you, and want you to be happy, I'm sharing this sauce, and you should make it. You can put it on anything too! Just replace whatever you have in mind, wherever I wrote "tempeh" in the recipe. If you're imagining strips of juicy steak, or jumbo shrimp, I'm going to encourage those fantasies, and suggest you follow your dreams! This sauce is one of my staple recipes, and it's incredibly quick to make. Like 10 minutes, total, including prep and cook time.
Yields: 2 servings
Time: "Like 10 minutes, total including prep and cook time"
Things You'll Need:
- 2 cups of sliced tempeh (or whatever your protein of choice)
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch (or however much for coating)
- canola oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 large red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar in the raw
- 1 tbs fresh chopped ginger
- 1/2 tbsp fresh red chilies (mild) I used pepper flakes but you should try and get the good stuff!
- 1 tbsp of crushed black pepper
- salt to taste